Thanks to Graco for this carseat to help with this review
The Graco® brand of baby gear provides thoughtful, practical and dependable parenting solutions inspired by the instincts and best intentions of a loving parent. After carefully observing a parent's natural instincts to protect, nurture, comfort and soothe, Graco brings them to life in a broad range of innovative products, from strollers and car seats to high chairs, playards, monitors and more.
With four children in 7 years, I like to think I know a little bit about car seats and children's products. Since our oldest daughter was little, we've purchased several Graco items over the years. They're a great brand that I trust, and they're my 'go-to' brand when in stores.
I was lucky enough to review their SnugRide® Click Connect 35 Infant car seat with the birth of our fourth daughter, which was posted in February 2014. After that I got to review their Ready2Grow Click Connect Double Stroller, and now that Mya is 16 months old I'm introducing to the Graco Milestone 3-in-1 car seat.
I'd started the process a couple months ago to look around and new seats for Mya. While I'd planned on using the infant seat for as long as I was able to per their 31" 35lb guidelines, I still wanted to start the search and way all my options from what Graco offers. Luckily not too long later, they emailed me asking if I'd be interested in a review for the Milestone convertible seat and the timing was perfect!
Since this seat fits children 5-100 lbs, there's adjusting that has to happen as your children grow. As you can see above, there's a big difference in the smallest setting to the largest, but it's so easy to do! The red handle you see at the top of the head rest is all you need to use to adjust each height setting. As your child grows, you just grab the handle and pull up letting the seat lock in place to your child's height at that moment in time. We placed Mya in the seat to see where the straps needed to sit, and a couple clicks later we were ready to install!
Mya is 16 months old, weighs around 24lbs, and is 31" in length. She is rear facing until at least the age of 2yrs old, and she very much loves this seat! I feel like she knows what a big girl she is becoming and it's fun for her to break out of the infant seat and have something bigger and more spacious.
Madison is 7 1/2yrs old and is currently around 51lbs. She is in a booster seat normally, but I wanted to showcase her images for this review to show that she fits well, has plenty of room to continue to grow, and she looks great if you choose to 5 point harness your children for an extended period of time.
As you can see above, there's different settings depending on how you're using the seat. There is a red handle under the front of the seat that you pull to make these adjustments. You'll want to read in to the rear facing setting before installing the seat because I had to unbuckle it to adjust and then strap back in the car when done.
- SafeSeat Engineering ensures top, all-around protection
- Rear-facing car seat for a child from 5 - 40 lb.
- Forward-facing position for a child from 20 - 65 lb.
- Booster position for a child from 30 - 100 lb.
- Measures 22" L x 20" W x 26.5" H
- Car seat weighs 19.75 lb.
- 5-point, front-adjust harness helps you get baby in and out
- 4-position recline keeps your growing child comfortable
- Removable head and body support helps keep baby comfy
- EPS energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- One-second LATCH attachment featuring exclusive "In Right LATCH" system
- Easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free installation
- Integrated cup holder keeps drinks within your child's reach
- Machine-washable seat cushion; Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and water; Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth; Harness straps may be spot cleaned
- FAA approved
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty
- Model 1923980
- You can purchase from buybuybaby.com for a retail listing of $249.99
My favorite part of this car seat is the adjustable height. Having the easy way to adjust the strap levels as your children grow is such an amazing feature, and takes all the work out of taking a seat a part to adjust it. I also like the surrounding protection around the head, and I feel confident that if we were to be in an accident, Mya will be safe and secure, and that's all thanks to Graco and their wonderful line of children's products.