*Sponsored Post on behalf of HALO Innovations*
Celebrating the special moments of being a Mom (or mom-to-be)
Motherhood is a special journey, filled with moments of both great joy and times of trial. This week, in honor of Mother's Day, HALO is celebrating those special moments of what it means to be a mom with our Celebrating Moms Giveaway. Share a photo of what motherhood means to you to enter for your chance to win the HALO™ Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper! https://gleam.io/fbg/TCxI9
HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first. In fact, over 1,300 hospitals use HALO® SleepSack® wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. The HALO family of products, including HALO SleepSacks and SleepSack Swaddles, SwaddeSure and the best-selling HALO BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
HALO’s founder lost his own child to SIDS and has made it his mission to raise awareness about safe sleep for babies. HALO provides SleepSack Swaddles free of charge to more than 1,300 hospitals nationwide and is constantly looking for ways to educate parents, caregivers and childbirth educators in sleep safety.
As a mother of four little girls, HALO has been in our lives for almost eight years now. I was first introduced to the company because our hospital is one that carries the brand for all their families. I didn't really think too much about it until we had our second daughter and she relied on her sleepsack swaddle for comfort. From then on, my life was changed and my attitude was totally different about HALO and their brand. I was thrilled when we had our third little girl because I could then use HALO again, and my love for the company was fully embraced three years ago.
Above is three of my four children in the hospital wearing HALO products. While I don't have any images of my first daughter wearing her hospital swaddle, our second daughter is in the green from 2009, our third daughter is the left with the white hospital swaddle, and then of course our fourth daughter is wearing a 4 piece cupcake set I reviewed with them when she was born.
Over the years we've used Swaddles, Sleep Sacks, and even Early Walkers to help keep our children safe while they sleep. It's so important to have the best tips and knowledge to keep our children as safe and healthy as they can be.
Safe Sleep Tips
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.