I received products for free in exchange for a review. All thoughts/opinions are my own!
Has your child ever wanted to visit Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood? With this new app, the neighborhood is at your fingertips!
I was so thrilled when I was asked to review this Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood iTunes app for iTunes because our three year old loves the show. Any game she can play or episode she can watch is a win for her, so when I learned about this game and what it does, I was already hooked before I installed it!
Designed for kids ages 2-5, this app extends the series’ social-emotional curriculum by encouraging open-ended, imaginative play. Bringing the neighborhood directly to your fingertips, the app allows kids to visit familiar places and create stories about their friend Daniel Tiger.
Explore Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood features include:
· Grocery Store – Fill your cart with fruits and vegetables, check out at the cash register and help the Tiger family bag their groceries.
· Music Shop – Put on a show with lots of different instruments (there’s even a potty to remind kids of their important bathroom routines).
· Bakery – Decorate a cake, collect baked goods in your basket or find out what’s baking in the oven.
· Doctor’s Office – In the exam room, put Daniel on the scale and pretend with Dr. Anna’s tools. You can be the patient or the doctor!
· Mini Games – In each location, there’s a special mini game to enrich the play experience.
This app cost $2.99 from iTunes and over all is a fun one to play. I do wish at times it interacted more with you or there was some type of directions because you kind of go in blindly about what to do. As my kids played with it more and more they found a variety of new things that you can do or ways you can interact with it just by clicking around on the screen and seeing things light up.
I think it would be fun to have Daniel's friends to interact with, but I do like that you have his little sister because she is our daughter's favorite character besides Daniel.
Find this app on iTunes and visit Daniel's neighborhood for yourself!