Eating something like mama ramen fast is not at odds with eating healthy. All thanks to this oriental dish so fashionable in recent times and that will delight young and old.
The ‘fast food’ phenomenon does not have to be synonymous with unhealthy food. Itinerant and street food in many parts of the world consists of hot, inexpensive, and nutritious dishes that we can replicate at home, as is the case with this hearty mama ramen noodle soup. Of Chinese origin, immigrants from that country introduced it to the land of the rising sun at the end of the 19th century. This type of wheat flour pasta became popular in Japan after World War II. In less than a century, it has become an emblematic dish of Japanese cuisine, of their daily life, with countless variations among its ingredients. The broth is the central axis of this dish, garnished with soy sauce or miso, served with cooked noodles topped by a garnish of chicken, pork or fish, egg, seaweed, chives, spinach, corn, radish, toasted sesame, dried garlic, chili and much more. The possibilities are endless, and the preparation is simple for this mama ramen. Enjoy at home this comforting and affordable Japanese specialty, available to everyone.
Preparation : 10 minutes. Difficulty: Easy Cost : Economic. Diners : 4
Ingredients of Mama Ramen
- 700 ml chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves
- 60 ml of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or chilli powder
- 375 g ramen noodles
- 300 g of chicken breast cooked in strips
- 100 g of spinach sprouts
- 4 tablespoons sweet corn
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed, chopped
- Seeds sesame
Mama Ramen Preparation
- In a saucepan, mix the chicken broth, the garlic cloves cut in two, the soy sauce, a piece of fresh peeled ginger, the Worcestershire sauce and half a teaspoon of chilli or cayenne.
- Cook this broth for 5 minutes.
- Pour the noodles into a little broth or boiling water and cook for as long as the manufacturer stipulates.
- Pour into a serving bowl and add the cooked chicken and spinach sprouts.
- Cover with the very hot strained broth .
- Garnish with chili flakes, toasted sesame seeds, dried nori seaweed, and a 6-minute boiled egg to make the yolk creamy.
- Serve immediately so the soup stays very hot.
The final trick
Take advantage of a good stew broth to make this soup. Add ingredients such as blood sausage, chicken, or cold cuts for a Spanish-Japanese version of ramen.